Musculoskeletal injuries and disorders…
… are the most common work injury experienced by employees
… create more lost work time than any other on-the-job injury
… take the most time, attention, and commitment to rehabilitate
… have the highest worker’s compensation costs of all work-related injuries
AHP-PT focuses solely on musculoskeletal injuries and disorders
AHP- PT working to keep Norwalk Connecticut on the job!
Recent reports from the U.S Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics and GlobalAlliance for Musculoskeletal Health showed:
- Year over year, approximately 2.9 million U.S. workers experienced non-fatal work-related injuries that cause them to have to stop work.
- And, more than 34 percent of working Americans report suffering ergonomic injuries requiring days away from work.
- Musculoskeletal diseases account for more than 50% of disabling health conditions reported by adults.
- Musculoskeletal injuries [focusing on the joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves, tendons, and structures that support limbs, neck, and back] account for vast majority of work-related injuries and cost $796.3 billion dollars in 2011, 5.7% of the annual GDP.
- 1 in 8 persons of prime working age reported lost work days due to a musculoskeletal condition - a total of 216 million days - in 2012.
- Musculoskeletal diseases were diagnosed in 18% of the 1.3 billion health care visits in 2011.
Work injuries can be many things – burns, lacerations, bone breaks and musculoskeletal injuries. We only focus on musculoskeletal injuries and disorders. These injuries cause the most lost time at work, they have some of the longest recovery times, and they are the highest cost injuries.